I hope you have a fantastic day and a fantastic weekend Jeremy and Jason! Here’s a great recipe for a fresh apple cake, a great fall-time dessert. I made it last weekend, but I added walnuts and butterscotch chips, and it’s one of my favorite desserts. They also don’t list any spices, but I think adding some cinnamon and nutmeg really help it pop. Hope you enjoy!
Fresh Apple Cake
Cook Time: 1 hour | Author: Stacey | SouthernDiscourse.com
- 3/4 cups Wesson oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts coarsely chopped
- 3 generous cups apples coarsely chopped, fresh/unpeeled and uncooked
- Bundt or tube pan & wax paper
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the first 4 ingredients. Stir by hand until smooth.
- Sift together the soda, salt, and flour. Add the sifted mixture to the wet ingredients. Beat by hand 200 strokes.
- Fold in the nuts and apples.
- Cut strips of wax paper and line the bottom of the tube pan.
- Turn the cake batter into the tube pan.
- Bake for one hour.